How do I get that Article 15/NJP/letter of reprimand out of my file for good?!

There is life after bad paper.  Just because your commander decided to file your letter of reprimand in your official file (OMPF) or you have an Article 15/NJP sitting there haunting you, doesn’t mean you can’t do something about it.  Having an Article 15/NJP or letter of reprimand in your OMPF is certainly cumbersome.  It interferes with promotion and seems to prevent you from getting a fresh start everywhere you go.  It is a problem and there is something you can do about it.  The Department of the Army Suitability Evaluation Board (DASEB) is set up specifically to reevaluate whether that bad paper should be removed from your file or stay in your file.  The Navy, AF and CG all have equivalent Boards.  These boards are made up of a group of human beings who do not start out against you.  They are willing to listen to your side of the story and can be quite helpful to your career.  If things don’t go your way with this Board, you can then submit your request to the Board for Correction of Military Records or the Board for Correction of Naval Records.  This is a second set of human beings ready to listen to your specific circumstances.  So essentially you have two chances to get that albatross removed.  I have a great deal of experience submitting appeals to both of these boards on behalf of Soldiers.   And I have had a great deal of success on behalf of these clients.  I can try to help you too.  It may make all the difference in the future of your career.  To speak to an experienced court-martial and military defense attorney, call Bill Cassara at 706-860-5769 for a free consultation.

William E. Cassara- Military Law Attorney

Scroll to Top