I was discharged from the service a long time ago….can I still upgrade my discharge?

If you were discharged within the last 15 years, you can still apply to your service discharge review board for a discharge upgrade.  Even if it has been more than 15 years, you may be able to get your application reviewed by one of the Boards for Correction of Military Records.  So, bottom line, it is not too late for you.  Some people wish to get their discharge upgraded to an Honorable Discharge because they would like to get the benefits that come with it.  Some people want their discharge upgraded because it is holding them back from reaching their full potential in the civilian work force.  Some people simply want it upgraded out of principle, because, quite frankly, the command did not treat them fairly so many years ago.  Whatever the reason, it may be worth it to you to try to get that discharge upgraded.  I have a huge amount of experience with discharge upgrades.  Along with an application for an upgrade of your discharge, I write up a detailed explanation of what occurred while you were in the service, what you have been doing since your discharge and why you deserve an Honorable Discharge.  The discharge review boards are not comprised of the commanders who you may feel treated you unfairly so long ago.  Instead, these boards are unbiased and impartial individuals who will give your entire file a fresh look.  The best part about applying to this board, is that the worst they can say is “no.”  The board will not lower your discharge.  So take a chance.  Give me a call.  I can help you try to get that part of your life corrected.  To speak to an experienced court-martial and military defense attorney, call Bill Cassara at 706-860-5769 for a free consultation.

William E. Cassara- Military Law Attorney

Click to Call 706-860-5769
Scroll to Top