Courts of Criminal Appeals or the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces can overturn a court-martial conviction in whole or in part. They can dismiss some or all of the charges. They can order a re-hearing, or "re-assess" the sentence of a trial court. An attorney with experience in court-martial appeals can best advise you as to the remedies that might be available to you in a particular case.