Will my discharge be automatically upgraded to Honorable after six months?

No it will not.  There is no such thing as an automatic discharge upgrade.  I have no idea where this rumor got started, but it is completely false.  If you want your discharge upgraded you have to actually request an upgrade and you have to supply valid reasons why you believe it should be upgraded. The reasons supplied must demonstrate that there was an error, inequity or injustice in your discharge.  The services all have review boards especially designed to review requests for upgrades for individuals discharged within the last 15 years.  They are called Discharge Review Boards.  If your discharge is more than 15 years old, you can apply to the appropriate Board for Corrections of Military Records for an upgrade.  I have a lot of experience requesting upgrades and other actions to these boards on behalf of my clients.  Many of these requests have been granted.  I have the experience to know whether you have a good chance of being successful.  I will be honest with you and tell you what your chances are.  If I don’t think you should spend the time or the money, I will tell you that.  The call is free.  Let me help you. To speak to an experienced court-martial and military defense attorney, call Bill Cassara at 706-860-5769 for a free consultation.