Unhappy with something in your military records? Let me help.

Most people in the military or retired from the military have heard of the Board for Correction of Military Records (BCMRs).  There are three of them, representing the Army, Navy and Air Force.  What people may not know is what the members of these boards can do.  The members of the BCMRs have extensive authority.  If you are able to convince the board that an error or injustice exists in your records, there is almost no limit to their ability to change your military records.  Sometimes, just by changing your records, the board changes your status.  For example, they have the ability to change the reason for your discharge, change the reentry code on your DD214 or order a Special Selection Board to reconsider you for promotion.  These are just a few of the ways they can help.   Just recently, one of these boards actually changed my client’s discharge records in a way that he was not only reinstated into his Service, he was given a promotion.  Wow.  That board’s decision changed my client’s future.  So, don’t let the name fool you.  The members of these boards are not just making administrative pen and ink changes to military documents.   With the stroke of a pen, they have the ability to change lives.  I have a lot of experience submitting requests to the BCMRs.  If you feel that an error or injustice has occurred and your military records need to be changed give me a call.   To speak to an experienced court-martial and military defense attorney, call Bill Cassara at 706-860-5769 for a free consultation.

William E. Cassara- Military Law Attorney

Click to Call 706-860-5769
Scroll to Top