Discharge Upgrade


Disharge Upgrades

Can I appeal the decision of the Discharge Review Board?

Yes. Appeals are generally submitted to the Board for Correction of Military Records, but can also be filed in Federal Court. In addition, you can ask the Discharge Review Board to reconsider its decision based on “newly discovered evidence.” Army Regulation (AR) 15-80, at http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r15_180.pdf, contains all of the information you need to know about the process.

How does the discharge upgrade process work?

Along with the Application for the Review of Discharge, DD Form 293, you are allowed to submit a written “brief” to the Discharge Review Board, explaining why you believe a Discharge Upgrade is warranted. Mr. Cassara will usually file a written submission, along with any supporting documents that justify the upgrade of your discharge. There are …

How does the discharge upgrade process work? Read More »

What will justify a discharge upgrade?

The best reason to get your discharge upgraded is because the characterization of service you received was unfair, unjustified, or inequitable. An attorney with experience in military discharge upgrades can evaluate your request, and advise you of your chances of success. Examples of an unfair characterization of service include that the standards employed at the …

What will justify a discharge upgrade? Read More »

What kind of discharge upgrade can I request?

You can request that your discharge be upgraded to Honorable, or any other characterization of service. We recommend requesting an Honorable Discharge in nearly all circumstances. Soldiers discharged under Other Than Honorable conditions after 1 October 1982 while in entry level status (less than 6 months service) may request upgrade to an uncharacterized discharge. To …

What kind of discharge upgrade can I request? Read More »

Click to Call 706-860-5769
Scroll to Top